I have super thick, curly hair. The kind of hair that when you visit a new salon, the stylist is known to exclaim, “You have enough hair for five people!”
I went blonde again recently and am now reminded of the toll that processing takes on my locks. It’s been looking super dry and frizz-ola. And winter is coming, so I know it’s only going to get worse.
So I decided it’s time for a deep conditioner, hot oil treatment creation. This baby does the trick and of course it smells super yum!
Now, I always have a few infusions going on at any given time, and encourage you to do so as well if you want to rock out the DIY beauty care realm. The one that I recommend for this recipe is rosemary-infused jojoba oil.
3 tablespoons rosemary-infused jojoba oil (I think argon or avocado oil would also be awesome.)
10 drops lavender essential oil
3 drops geranium essential oil
- Heat jojoba oil in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Apply to dry hair. Now, this step can get messy! I like to have a towel over my shoulders and one on the counter to catch the drops of oil that will inevitably take flight.
- Wrap your hair in a towel or plastic bag.
- Marinate for 15-30 minutes, and then shampoo. (I like to leave the oil in overnight and shampoo in the morning. If you do this, I recommend the plastic bag in Step 4, and put a towel over your pillow.)
- Tell yourself how beautiful you are and take a moment to appreciate your gorgeous locks!