Hi! I’m Lora Sasiela and I feel like I’ve already had multiple lives.
After graduating with a business degree from New York University I worked in marketing for Sony Music. I was rockin’ the whole Manhattan yuppie lifestyle. But there was a yearning in me to do something more meaningful. I found myself back at NYU getting a graduate degree in social work.
After getting my Masters, I worked in a substance abuse clinic in the East Village and hung my shingle as a therapist in private practice. I LOVED helping people. (I have Pisces in four places on my chart, so for you astrological folks, this will not come as a surprise!)
I had a bustling practice in Manhattan, started a fun financial therapy and money coaching website — Financially Smitten — and wound up as Marie Claire Magazine’s “money shrink.”
But, after almost twenty years of ‘therapizing,” I got burnt out and closed up shop. Time for a sabbatical and regrouping. I wound up taking everything from yoga teacher training to pet loss counselor training to figure out what my next incarnation would be.
Little did I know it would be essential oils and network marketing!
I was introduced to Young Living Essential Oils at a workshop during a Yoga Journal conference. I had been on an evolving journey of health and wellness for quite a while. I had already been using essential oils to make my own nontoxic household cleaners, “lotions + potions,” and previously, a bottle of lavender oil had even been known to make an appearance in my therapy sessions.
But, it wasn’t until I was introduced to Young Living’s therapeutic-grade essential oils that my healthy lifestyle got a complete up-levelling.
I discovered how many toxins we are exposed to in our daily lives through personal care and household products, and that those essential oils that I had been using to supposedly go ‘nontoxic’ were toxic in and of themselves! I began to learn how the plant power found in Young Living’s essential oils can support us completely naturally and holistically….mind, body, and spirit.
Now, I feel truly blessed to still be helping people in the health and wellness realm, but I no longer have to move any heavy unconscious furniture…and everyone smells amazing!
Ten Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I have been to Venice, Italy four times. It’s one of my most favorite places on earth.
- I have a kick-ass finger puppet collection.
- I learned how to do calligraphy in grade school and have been font-obssessed ever since (a trait I share with Steve Jobs).
- I’m the kind of cook who likes to randomly pull stuff out of the frig and cupboards and whip up something delicious. This cooking style is also why I have no patience for the precision of baking.
- I can be super competitive. Let’s just say that if you ask me to play ping pong, foosball, or backgammon…..you’ve been warned.
- Maira Kalman, Mozart, Miranda July, and Austin McCormick are a few of my creative idols.
- I take square dancing lessons and LOVE it! Do-si-do, baby!
- I skipped 8th grade.
- I’m one of those people who don’t read fiction.
- Seeing the Northern Lights is on my bucket list.